One of the many interesting and surprising experiences of the beginner in child analysis is to find in even very young children a capacity for insight which is often far greater than that of adults.
Melanie Klein, 1882-1960
- Children who have experienced parental separation, loss, or death (foster / adopted children, children of divorce)
- Children impacted by grief and traumatic events (accidents, illness) or major life changes (blended families, family move)
- Children experiencing school-related challenges (social difficulties, learning challenges)
- Children experiencing high family stress and chaos
- Regulatory disorders in young children (problems related to sleeping, eating, elimination, sensory processing and emotional regulation)
- Trauma-based disorders, such as child maltreatment (neglect, physical abuse, sexual abuse), posttraumatic stress disorder, and reactive attachment disorder
- Childhood onset disorders such as disruptive mood dysregulation disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, conduct disorder, and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Mood disorders including child depression and bipolar disorder
- Anxiety disorders including separation anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety disorder
I offer parent education, infant and toddler mental health care and specialized play therapy in my practice. Please read my Therapy Methods document which explains these services in detail.